Shock talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shock talk is a forum where anyone can discuss anything they want about the world as we know it. Whether it be the latest games or the latest change in politics you can discuss it as much as you want here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favourite Comic Book Character(s)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheButters
Creeper
Creeper

Favourite Comic Book Character(s) Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Comic Book Character(s)   Favourite Comic Book Character(s) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Because this forum is in it's early days, I thought I might as well start off somewhere quite simple: Who are some of your favourite comic book characters? And why?

My obvious one is Batman. When I was about 4 I had my own trinity of cartoon heroes: Superman, Spiderman, but most importantly Batman. What's not to like about him? He has some of the best storylines in the history of DC, has some of the greatest film adaptations (excluding the camp-o-rama era shark spray and holy-isms, and Joel Schumacher's deluded acid flashback to said era), and I'd have to say he has perhaps the best Rogues Gallery.

Another character I love to bits has probably got to be Green Lantern. To be fair, I had barely ever paid attention to his character (even in the awesome JLA cartoon), and it wasn't until I heard about "The Blackest Night" did his series catch my attention. So after 4 months of back-issues/graphic novels, I fully understood the character (namely the true man-without fear Hal Jordan). The guy has one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, which brings thought to life through the energy of pure willpower. He has to earn the trust of all of his allies (loooooong story), and when he starts to do it, he regains friendship with those who utterly despise him. And he doesn't take anyone's crap either.

Anyway, enough of my geekdom, how about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Jin Migami
Admin
Admin
Jin Migami

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Comic Book Character(s)   Favourite Comic Book Character(s) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:24 pm

TheButters wrote:
Because this forum is in it's early days, I thought I might as well start off somewhere quite simple: Who are some of your favourite comic book characters? And why?

My obvious one is Batman. When I was about 4 I had my own trinity of cartoon heroes: Superman, Spiderman, but most importantly Batman. What's not to like about him? He has some of the best storylines in the history of DC, has some of the greatest film adaptations (excluding the camp-o-rama era shark spray and holy-isms, and Joel Schumacher's deluded acid flashback to said era), and I'd have to say he has perhaps the best Rogues Gallery.

Another character I love to bits has probably got to be Green Lantern. To be fair, I had barely ever paid attention to his character (even in the awesome JLA cartoon), and it wasn't until I heard about "The Blackest Night" did his series catch my attention. So after 4 months of back-issues/graphic novels, I fully understood the character (namely the true man-without fear Hal Jordan). The guy has one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, which brings thought to life through the energy of pure willpower. He has to earn the trust of all of his allies (loooooong story), and when he starts to do it, he regains friendship with those who utterly despise him. And he doesn't take anyone's crap either.

Anyway, enough of my geekdom, how about you guys?

Batman is just too cool for super powers, but I'm going to have to go with deadpool i don't have much history with him at all but when i first saw him in his early days as wade wilson his personality and general ego took me by surprise as he looks like the tall dark and handsome type. He will talk his enemies to death XD
Back to top Go down
https://shocktalk.board-directory.net
TheButters
Creeper
Creeper

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Comic Book Character(s)   Favourite Comic Book Character(s) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 am

Deadpool is awesome...but saturated. Also, his fanboys are ****s, namely because they think his design and character is completely original.

His design came from DC's "Deathstroke the Terminator" (Slade Wilson), and the whole "I know I'm in a comic because I'm insane" comes from a buried DC hero called Ambush Bug.

But still: Deadpool's awesome
Back to top Go down
Jin Migami
Admin
Admin
Jin Migami

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Comic Book Character(s)   Favourite Comic Book Character(s) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 am

TheButters wrote:
Deadpool is awesome...but saturated. Also, his fanboys are ****s, namely because they think his design and character is completely original.

His design came from DC's "Deathstroke the Terminator" (Slade Wilson), and the whole "I know I'm in a comic because I'm insane" comes from a buried DC hero called Ambush Bug.

But still: Deadpool's awesome

Please watch your language.

I totally agree he is far from original but the qualities he has give him a good personality and awesome fighting style.
Back to top Go down
https://shocktalk.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Comic Book Character(s)   Favourite Comic Book Character(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Comic Book Character(s)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shock talk :: Comics-
Jump to: